Monday, October 18, 2010

Graphic Design II - Module 4, Logo Design Part 1















Creative Brief
This class project has given me the opportunity to design a small “button” approximately 1.5 inches tall for the National H.O.S.A. (Health Occupations Students of America) Convention held once a year.  This year's theme is "Shakin' up Healthcare" which is what I needed to incorporate into the final design.  I have been procrastinating to design this for a high school teacher that I know, so this assignment has given me the opportunity and motivation to complete it.  The target audiences are high school students participating in the program. 
Colors:   The colors use a limited palette with minimal and contrasting colors for visibility.  They must follow the colors the “button” manufacturer must be able to make.
Mood:  This button will embody the California healthcare students as they proudly wear it for all to observe for this event.
Fonts:  Fonts must be easily read from a distance in a short period of time.  The button will also be tiny.  My first vision is “San Serif” fonts along with a map of California.
Exercise
What will this button say about the event?
Students relate to:
  • Motivation to finish the program
  • Unity
  • Teamwork
  • Caring
  • Pride in Cal-HOSA Program (regional)
Symbols to consider:
  • Healthcare – Stethoscope, Vital Signs
  • Students – Testing, School Work
  • California – Bear, Epicenter, Silhouette of the State of California













 


I wasn't able to follow the sketches as I had envisioned because the fingers (vertical lines at top of state) looked out of proportion when using the true proportions of the shape I downloaded from the internet. I also introduced the stethoscope coming out of the heart shape for added interest and a visual connection.


No comments: